Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Baseball playoffs

Cleveland v. New York
Go tribe! I think this is a close matchup. Basically, I see the Tribe as slight favorites in all 3 home games and the Yanks decent sized favorites in their 2 home games. This has more to do with the probable starters than the home field advantage. It will be interesting to see if Cleveland plays Sabathia for game 4. He will be on just 3 days rest, but then for game 5 they will have Carmona on full rest. Seems worth it to me. Carmona and Sabathia (short rest) seems better than Byrd and Sabathia.

Whoops, I was wrong. The Yanks are favored in game 1! So the team with best record, the probable Cy Young, and the home field are dogs. Hmm. I know that the Yanks are probably a bit better but geez louise. I like the Tribe +150 for the series and +105 for game 1. Apparently, the Tribe is even bigger series odds dogs at other places!

Boston V. Los Angeles California Anaheim Angels
I certainly like Boston here. However, Anaheim has one thing going for them. They have Lackey and Escobar for 4 out of the 5 games on full rest. I see some value at +160.

I am rooting for the Angels and Indians. I could not stand to watch a Sox-Yanks matchup. I would not want to watch any of the games. Hell, I probably would not even bear to watch Sportscenter for a couple weeks. I just don't care about those two teams. I am sick of them. Sick of their payrolls. Sick of the fans. Sick of the sportswriters covering them so much. Sick of every single one of their 2670269822 matchups every year being on national TV.

No comments: